Friday, February 13, 2009

How to Pack for a Midwinter Vacation

  1. Make sure ahead of time that your day is as full as possible (I'm talking 7 hours of class full)
  2. Sleep in
  3. Skip lunch; do a load of laundry instead so that all your clothes will still be wet by evening
  4. Leave the house
  5. 8 hours later, have two pints of Addlestone's on a semi-empty stomach
  6. Head home and toss some stuff in a bag
Oddly enough, this may have turned out to be one of the smoothest packing jobs in my personal history. No wardrobe crises, no major omissions (like, oh shit, I forgot SHOES), no sitting on the suitcase to make it shut. Go us.

In other, more exciting news, the Man and I are headed to New York City for the week. If you live there, have lived there, are visiting, have visited--let me know. I want suggestions for groovy off-the-beaten-path things to do. We have wifi at our hotel so I'll blog as often as possible...

No comments: