Friday, October 24, 2008

Things I Have Tried Unsuccesfully to Do This Evening

  • Spend more than a half hour at any time away from my new favorite couch in the lounge
  • Clear out the kitchen for the painters tomorrow
  • Read Jane Austen
  • Read anything
  • Write
  • Go for a run
  • Go for a walk
  • Do the dishes
  • Fold the laundry
  • Look at my to-do list
  • Take a long, lazy bath
  • Go round to the shop to buy a bottle of wine
Things I have successfully done:
  • Listened to the same music over and over again
  • Nearly cried over an episode of Gossip Girl
  • Thought about how lazy I'm being
  • Eaten dinner
  • Answered the door once (next-door-neighbors letting us know about a party tomorrow)
  • Fallen asleep on the couch at an awkward angle, leaving my neck sore
  • Wondered whether or not I'm suffering from a temporary sort of ennui, or at least having a minor existential crisis, as everything just seems to difficult to bother with...
  • Wondered whether or not I can be bothered to go upstairs and get into bed or not
...and when I say "tried to do" I mostly mean "thought about doing".

Oh boy, it's half term...

No comments: